Dr Roderick BrooksOrthopaedic Surgeon | Hip & Knee Surgery
I am a solo, fully independent hip and knee specialist with only one priority - to provide the highest quality of care to my patients.
Every patient is an individual and is treated as such. I will choose from a variety of surgical techniques and joint prostheses so as to achieve for each patient the best result in as safe a manner as possible.
Your consultation will not be hurried. You will meet one doctor - your surgeon. As your surgeon, I will carry out your operation "skin to skin", not an assistant.
Post-operatively I am available to monitor and supervise your recovery in the hospital, the rehab hospital and after discharge. Patients are always welcome to call with any enquires or concerns before or after surgery.
You may notice I ask you questions which seem unrelated to your "orthopaedic" problem. So as to advise you properly, I need to know about your general health, occupation, and usual activities or lifestyle. This information all assists in the choice of the best treatment - for you.
Your family doctor is a vital link, in looking after you as a whole, and co-ordinating the activities of specialists such as myself. I respect the views of your doctor. I will communicate with your doctor and your other specialists as needed.
If I detect a problem of a non-orthopaedic nature I will let you know and suggest appropriate referral, in consultation with your GP.
Surgery is carried out with a dedicated team: a highly skilled Anaesthetist, an experienced Assistant Surgeon, and specialised Theatre Nurses who are well versed in the complex equipment used. This allows a consistent and safe performance of surgical procedures.
- I studied Medicine at Sydney University (MB BS 1981)
- I worked as a Resident Doctor in medical and surgical areas for 3 years in Newcastle
- I studied and worked as a junior surgeon in England in 1986-1987. During that time, I gained qualifications in Surgery (Fellowships of Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh and of England)
- In Australia I undertook Advanced Training in Orthopaedic Surgery to gain Fellowship of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (Orthopaedics) in 1993
- Fellowships in Portland, Oregon USA and Exeter, UK
- Commencement of private practice 1994
- Registered Orthopaedic Specialist in NSW
- Fellow of Australian Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Australian Society of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Current Hospital Appointments
- Sydney Adventist Hospital - Head of Orthopaedic Department
- Lady Davidson Private Hospital
- Mt Wilga Private Hospital
- Joint replacements of Hip and Knee
- SuperPATH Hip Replacement
- Revision Joint Replacements
- Arthroscopic Surgery of Knee
- Ligament Reconstruction, meniscus surgery
Meetings for 2018
- March, May - Mako Robotic Training
- June - 3 day Australian Orthopaedic Association Continuing Orthopaedic Education, Sydney
- September - SuperPATH visitation, Melbourne
Meetings for 2017
- March – Hip and Knee 2 day meeting, Perth
- May – SuperPATH Hip seminar/workshop, Melbourne
- August – Hip and Knee Revision 2 day meeting, Sydney
- November – Knee/Sports 2 day meeting, Sydney
Regular Friday morning clinical meetings at Sydney Adventist Hospital
- 2019 - Appointed as Clinical Senior Lecturer, Sydney Adventist Hospital Clinical School of University of Sydney
- Tutoring of Medical Students and Orthopaedic Registrars at Sydney Adventist Hospital
2 Redleaf Avenue
Wahroonga, NSW 2076